Download the Adobe Reader in order to view the documents listed on this page.
Download a PDF version of this policy.
Cooper Consulting Company (Cooper) will strive at all times to provide its services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We are committed to excellence in serving all of our clients and employees, including people with disabilities.
Information and communications
When providing information to, or communicating with, a person with a disability, we will provide, on request, the information and communication in a manner that takes into account the person’s disability. This includes our publicly available information and feedback processes, such as surveys or comment cards.
Information and communications technology
At Cooper, we are committed to ensuring our internal websites are accessible to all of our customers. Where possible, we have followed the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), to ensure that our website is designed and written in a way that makes it easy to access for everyone.
We use simple language that is easy to understand and attempt to avoid the use of jargon, acronyms and abbreviations.
- Navigation menus are consistent throughout the site.
- Links are visually distinctive and link text clearly describes their purpose
- Descriptive page titles are used, along with a breadcrumb trail and color coding to help users identify where they are in the site.
Font and text size
We’ve used fonts and text sizes that we think are clear and easy to read. Text can be re-sized using normal browser controls.
We use strong color contrasts for all text and background colors.
Images, video and other non-text element
Alternative text has been provided for all graphics, symbols or images so that people who cannot see this content can read the text
Where we use tables to display data, the table structure is described to assist those using screen reading devices. Tables are not used for presentational layout.
All tools and calculators can be used without pointing devices, such as a mouse or trackpad.
We’re always looking for ways to make our company website easier for our customers to use. Please let us know if you experience any problems in using it, or if you have any questions or comments about accessibility.
Our employment practices includes notification of the availability of accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as well as supports for staff with disabilities. Where employee needs dictate, we provide individualized workplace emergency response information to employees who have a disability. Our performance management and career development processes take into account the accessibility needs of our employees with disabilities.
Cooper provides training to:
- persons involved in developing policies for our organization
- all others who provide goods, services or facilities on behalf of our organization
Specifically, the following positions are trained:
- Cooper corporate staff (president, CTO, COO, VP of Strategic Accounts management, HR director, finance director, and recruiting manager)
- Project managers
- Technology leads
- Software development team members as appropriate to their specific project requirements
Training is provided to staff during their employee onboarding, with refresher training as appropriate at project kickoffs and/or annually.
- Accessibility requirements in alignment with our customers’ requirements (i.e., State of Texas and Federal government) as appropriate to our company size and our customer demands
- Changes that are made to the accessibility policies
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy that does not respect and promote the dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity of people with disabilities will be modified or removed. Our policies are maintained and updated regularly to reflect our practices, employees and best serve our customers.