Welcome to Cooper Consulting!
Here you will find plan information and the necessary applications to enroll in your benefits for the plan year beginning August 1, 2022.
Download the Adobe Reader in order to view some of the documents listed on this page.
Cooper Consulting offers a 401(k) plan through Transamerica. Read more information on the plan, also found in the pamphlet given to you during your onboarding session(s), on the Transamerica website, ta-retirement.com. Your information will be in the Transamerica system the day after your start date. All eligible full-time employees are automatically enrolled in the PortfolioExpress program through Transamerica for 1% of their pay. You may administer your 401(k) plan online by visiting ta-retirement.com. The first time you visit you will register as a new user, then follow the prompts to gain access to your account.
Healthcare Enrollment Schedule
Below is a general healthcare enrollment timeline.
• Your onboarding session – You will meet with Cooper HR in person or remotely (whichever is most convenient for both parties) to fill out all necessary onboarding paperwork. During this session you will receive a link to the Employee Portal with password, at which time you will have access to all employee resources (including this Benefits Package page). Onboarding paperwork can now be signed digitally.
• Your employment start date – Note that unless you begin work on the 1st of the month, your employment start date may not coincide with your benefits start date.
• Approximately 1 week prior to your benefits start date – All benefit enrollment paperwork must be returned to Cooper HR by this date. Benefit paperwork can now be signed digitally.
• First day of the month following your start date – Your benefit coverage begins.
Below are links to a summary of the detailed Summary of Benefits documents for each of our plan options, including your company-paid benefits such as Life Insurance, AD&D and STD/LTD. Also included is a side-by-side comparison summary of common costs associated with all plans offered.
Enrollment Applications and Written Instructions
Enrollment applications and instructions for each are given in the links below.
• Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical Application – Required from all employees even if you are waiving benefits. Instructions for how to fill out this form are included in the application.
• Health Savings Account (HSA) Application – Optional savings account to be used with the BCBS Blue Advantage Silver HMO 925 | S9E1ADT $5,000 Deductible plan. HSAs are not available to those who enroll in the BCBS Blue Choice Gold PPO 204 | G9L7CHC $3,000 deductible plan, only the $5,000 deductible plan. Please note HSA funds can be used to pay for all eligible out-of-pocket healthcare expenses, but cannot be applied to cover the cost of your monthly premiums automatically deducted from payroll. View/download instructions for filling out this application.
• Guardian Application – Required from all employees. View/download instructions for filling out this application.
• Guardian Evidence of Insurability Form – Required from all employees applying for more than the guaranteed issue coverage amounts in Voluntary Life ($100,000 Employee, $25,000 Spouse, and/or $10,000 Child) during initial benefits enrollment or at any point more Voluntary Life coverage is requested following initial benefits enrollment.
Completed applications can be returned in person, by mail, fax or email. Email is preferred, however, if you choose to scan and email your application we strongly recommend you encrypt your PDF scan file with a password or use another secure encryption method to protect your information. You are welcome to call Robin Walton directly at 512-527-1000 with the encryption password.
Please contact Robin Walton if you have any questions regarding this process or need assistance filling out an application.
Employee Assistance Program
Find out more about our Employee Assistance Program by visiting the Guardian WorkLifeMatters site (User Name: Matters; Password: wlm70101). We also offer a downloadable/printable pamphlet.
WorkLifeMatters provides guidance for personal issues that you might be facing and information about other concerns that
affect your life, whether it’s a life event or on a day-to-day basis:
• Unlimited free telephonic consultation with an EAP counselor available 24/7 at 800-386-7055
• Referrals to local counselors — up to three sessions free of charge
• State-of-the-art website featuring over 3,400 helpful articles on topics like wellness, training courses, and a legal and financial center
Poke around the portal for a few minutes (or more) and see if there’s anything that can help make your life easier!
Human Resources Contacts
Human Resources, Cooper Consulting
Bob Apostolakis (our insurance broker representative)
Insperity Insurance Services, LLC
• Blue Cross Blue Shield Doctor Search – Search BCBS’s networks to determine if your regular doctors and specialists are considered in or out-of-network.
• Blue Cross Blue Shield Prescription Drug List – This shows the list of prescription drugs covered under BCBS plans with their corresponding tier. Each tier of prescription drugs maps to a RX Plan Tier copay cost outlined by each medical plan.
• Guardian Provider Search – Search Guardian’s network to determine if your regular providers are considered in or out-of-network.