Welcome to Cooper Consulting Open Enrollment!
Here you will find plan information and the necessary applications to enroll in your benefits for the plan year beginning August 1, 2022.
Download Adobe Reader in order to view some of the documents listed on this page.
Below is a general enrollment timeline.
• July 18th – Your comparative premium rate sheets will be emailed to you, and Open Enrollment begins.
• July 22nd by 5:00 pm (CST) – Open Enrollment ends. Employees’ enrollment applications must be returned to Robin Walton by this time and date.
• August 1 – The new benefit plan year begins. You should receive your new healthcare cards within 2 weeks of August 1.
Comparative Premium Rate Sheets
Our medical, dental, and vision plans continue to utilize “tiered premium rates,” which means all of our employees pay the same premium rate dependent on the enrollment level (Employee Only, Employee + Spouse, Employee + Child(ren) or Employee + Family), regardless of employee age. Each of you will be emailed a comparative rate sheet showing what plan you chose last year, the rate you paid, and what you would pay for each of the medical plan options offered this year.
Benefits-at-a-glance, the full Summary of Benefits documents for each plan, and the Premium Rates can be viewed and/or downloaded here.
In order to continue to offer our employees the best possible care while keeping it as affordable as we can we are switching medical carriers from United Healthcare to Blue Cross Blue Shield. Through BCBC, as was with United Healthcare, you will have a mid-range/low deductible PPO (in-network and out-of-network coverage) option. You will also have a high-deductible HMO plan (in-network coverage only) that can be used with an optional HSA.
Please note we are waiting to receive information on which bank/carrier will handle our employees’ HSA accounts. More information on this, plus any applications to complete, will be available to you as soon as possible.
View a helpful list of definitions for common terminology used in healthcare plan documentation.
Enrollment Applications and Application Instructions
Enrollment applications and instructions for each are given in the links below.
• Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical Application – Required from all employees even if you are waiving benefits. Instructions for how to fill out this form are included in the application.
• Health Savings Account (HSA) Application – Optional savings account to be used with the BCBS Blue Advantage Silver HMO 925 | S9E1ADT $5,000 Deductible plan. HSAs are not available to those who enroll in the BCBS Blue Choice Gold PPO 204 | G9L7CHC $3,000 deductible plan, only the $5,000 deductible plan. Please note HSA funds can be used to pay for all eligible out-of-pocket healthcare expenses, but cannot be applied to cover the cost of your monthly premiums automatically deducted from payroll. View/download instructions for filling out this application. Please note: If you already have a HSA account through Optum used with your last United Healthcare medical plan through Cooper you do not need to fill out another application. If you want to change your contribution amount per payroll cycle, however, please fill out that portion of the application document and return to Robin Walton.
• Guardian Application – Required from all employees. View/download instructions for filling out this application.
• Guardian Evidence of Insurability Form – Required from all employees applying for more than the guaranteed issue coverage amounts in Voluntary Life ($100,000 Employee, $25,000 Spouse, and/or $10,000 Child) during initial benefits enrollment or at any point more Voluntary Life coverage is requested following initial benefits enrollment.
Completed applications can be returned in person (please email or call ahead to arrange this option), by mail, fax or email. Email is preferred. If you choose to scan and email your application we strongly recommend you encrypt your PDF scan file with a password or use another secure encryption method to protect your information. You are welcome to call Robin Walton directly at 512-527-1000 with the encryption password or text it to her at 512-289-1899.
Please contact Robin Walton if you have any questions regarding this process or need assistance filling out an application.
Employee Assistance Program
Find out more about our Employee Assistance Program by visiting the Guardian WorkLifeMatters site (User Name: Matters; Password: wlm70101). WorkLifeMatters provides guidance for personal issues that you might be facing and information about other concerns that
affect your life, whether it’s a life event or on a day-to-day basis:
• Unlimited free telephonic consultation with an EAP counselor available 24/7 at 800-386-7055
• Referrals to local counselors — up to three sessions free of charge
• State-of-the-art website featuring over 3,400 helpful articles on topics like wellness, training courses, and a
legal and financial center
Poke around the portal for a few minutes (or more) and see if there’s anything that can help make your life easier!
Open Enrollment Contacts
Human Resources, Cooper Consulting
Bob Apostolakis (our insurance broker representative)
Insperity Insurance Services, LLC
• Blue Cross Blue Shield Doctor Search – Search BCBS’s networks to determine if your regular doctors and specialists are considered in or out-of-network.
• Blue Cross Blue Shield Prescription Drug List – This shows the list of prescription drugs covered under BCBS plans with their corresponding tier. Each tier of prescription drugs maps to a RX Plan Tier copay cost outlined by each medical plan.
• Guardian Provider Search – Search Guardian’s network to determine if your regular providers are considered in or out-of-network.
• Information on our August 1, 2021 – July 31, 2022 benefit offerings – For direct comparison.